Message to visitors

Welcome to my blog. My diary of my life in the Bonsai world.





Please click on photos for full size view.

Feel free to leave a comment, good or bad.!







Wednesday 18 January 2017

Another clean up.

Today I thought I would do a clean up on my Hawthorn group.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

It is a good time of year to do this work as you can see the branch structure better and remove any growth that can not be seen when in full foliage.


Just by removing crossing branches and any parts that have grown into thick knuckles, it opens up the canopy really well. I also took the opportunity to clean up the surface of the compost. I am also contemplating a repot this spring as this group has been in this pot for about ten years now and could benefit from it.


I also noticed the Black birds are starting to look in the pots for grubs and making a mess of the benches.


It's not as if I don't feed them as I have loads of food out for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment